If you want to purchase a safe that is easy to hide, you should consider buying a floor safe. Keep in mind, the safe you select needs to be resilient, which means it should have a door that is thick, dust cover, a quality lock and a re-locker. When you purchase the right floor safe, you can keep it in place and working for several decades. Getting to know more about floor safes is a great way to determine if this is the right option for you.
The Advantages of a Floor Safe
Some of the advantages offered by a floor safe and using it in your home include:
- You can install it in locations where it will be difficult to find if someone were to break into your home.
- A quality floor safe is hard to break into and would take several hours to do so, if at all. However, this will be dependent on the quality of floor safe that you wind up purchasing.
- A floor safe is a great location to keep your valuable items and they are available in several sizes to accommodate your needs.
The Disadvantages of a Floor Safe
While there are several advantages offered by choosing a floor safe, there are also a few disadvantages you should be aware of. This will help you make an educated decision regarding whether or not you really want a floor safe.
- It is often difficult to access a floor safe if you don’t plan out its location carefully. As a result, you may not be able to put items that you use every day in the safe.
- You will have to kneel or bend down to get in the safe.
- Many floor safes are not fire or water proof. If you are able to find one that is, it is going to cost much more than other safes.
- A floor safe can be difficult and messy to install, unless it is being installed in a house that is being built. You have to cut a hole in the concrete to put the safe into.
The fact is, even though there are some disadvantages, a floor safe is still a smart investment. They will help you protect your valuable items and keep them out of the line of sight for would-be burglars. Keeping the information here in mind will help you determine whether or not you want to install a floor safe.